952 High Street, German native Frederich Christian Meyer came to Comfort in 1862. A wheelwright, Meyer also ran a stage stop and weigh station at this sight which included a small log cabin. He married Ernstine Mueller Meyer 1868. A second story was added in 1869. He constructed a two story wooden structure here for his wife, a midwife, for her work which housed maternity rooms for use by the women of the surrounding area ranches in 1872. In 1887, when rail lines were completed through the area, Comfort began showing promise as a resort community. That same year, the Meyers constructed a two story frame building south of their residence to serve as a hotel. The upper floor of structure was used for guests and the ground floor housed a large kitchen and dining room. With help of their 8 children, Ernestine continued to operate the hotel after her husband`s death in 1889. It was operated by family till 1956.