Marker #14411 - 2008 This cemetery served the community of Brownsboro, which was originally settled by shinglemakers. Later, farmers and then railroad workers resided here. Thomas and Sarah Manning donated land for a burial ground and church in 1870; Levi and Sarah Howell later donated additional property. The first known burial was of Henry Bierschwale in 1877. Other notable burials include five veterans of the Civil War. As Brownsboro’s population declined and floods damaged the area, the cemetery fell into disuse. Today, the Comfort Heritage Foundation cares for the burial ground, which remains as a memorial to the residents of the former Brownsboro community.
Historic Texas Cemetery – 2007
Marker is property of the state of Texas
Location of this marker:
Random order Sort by City by Title
Ingenhuett-Faust Hotel - Marker in/near Comfort
Photo Credit: Dietert Historical Archives - Patrick Heath Public Library (Boerne)